Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dear Graham, Weeks 38 and 39

Dear Graham,
I have to begin this week's letter with telling you about the highlight of your short life to date: last Sunday, on Easter morning at sunrise service, you were baptized with your daddy. The day was one that can only be described as divine and is one that will live in the memories of all who attended, including the eight out of town guests who traveled all the way here just to join in on this experience.









The service was held at 6:00 a.m., which continues to be one of your favorite times of day (much to the dismay of your mommy and daddy). You were ecstatic that so many other people were up to join you. And that there was candlelight! And music! And lots of people ready and willing to hold you! We were told time and time again by church goers what a wonderful baby you were. And you truly were.

You were entertained throughout the weekend by all of your wonderful family. I can't explain how fulfilling it is to see how much others love you. It's like your daddy and I get to take our best kept secret and share it with others.







You are growing up so quickly these days and becoming more and more independent in the littlest ways. Your discovering parts of your toys that previously went unnoticed and that require fine motor skills to operate. Every time I see you figure out something new, I feel an enormous amount of pride. Part of this independence includes rolling to get everything you want. You're no longer content to sit up and play with the toys in front of you. Which makes taking your weekly picture lots of fun.









As I write today's letter, it seems only right to mark this date in time by letting you know that they captured Osama bin Laden earlier this week. While I know this means nothing to you, it's a date that I'm certain will be remembered in history and will provide you with a reference to a point in time when I sat down to write to you. You'll learn quickly time is a funny thing: it moves faster and faster as you grow. And just when you want to squeeze time tightly to make everything just stand still, it flows even quicker, like a wave you try to catch before it flows back into the ocean.

If it seems like I'm a little sentimental, it's probably because I am. We celebrated your 9-month birthday this past week. Which means you've been out as long as you were in. (I'm sure you love that concept.) And the thing is: every day with you is getting more and more fun. They could seriously bottle the joy you bring to us each day and it'd give Prozac a run for its money. It's why I want to freeze time: I can already see how this is going by way too fast.

Love,
Your sappy mommy :)

PS...I finally got a picture of your cute teeth:

No comments:

Post a Comment