Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Graham, Week 40

Dear Graham,
In celebration of my first official Mother's Day, I thought I'd use this week's letter to tell you all of my current favorite things that make being your mommy so much fun.

  • The big smiles you give when I come in to get you out of your crib each morning and the subsequent hugs you give me when I hold you during those first early morning moments before the day's craziness begins. This is truly the best part of my day. (Although would it hurt to wait just a little later in the morning to share this special moment?)
  • Your recently-discovered ability to whisper and the way you barely whisper "da" "da" "da"
  • Watching you react to your Baby Einstein colors DVD when the little puppet in a red sequined cape comes on screen to unveil the color red. You don't quite know what to think about this character and are slightly scared...you start to barely whimper as mommy and daddy tell you it's all okay. When the caped character passes a few seconds later, your normal smiles return.
  • The way you squeal in delight, kicking your legs when I pick you up from school. This is the second best moment of my day.
  • Your studious exploration of all that is around you. Your daddy and I often wonder what you're thinking as you so deliberately focus on anything new that you encounter. It reminds us daily of how awe inspiring our world really is.
  • The way you suck in and bite your bottom lip.
  • You. Asleep. I sometimes still marvel in awe at the fact that you actually sleep through the night. You are a tummy sleeper, just like me, and I love to sneak into your room at night just to watch you sleep and listen to you breathe.
  • The fact that your hair is now long enough to blow in the wind when you swing.
  • The way you wrap your hand around my finger and hold on tight.
  • Your sweet kisses.


Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Precious post Leigh! Hope your first Mother's Day was very special and memorable with G-man and Taylor! :)

    ReplyDelete