Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week 26 Recap




Week 26 will go down in history as the worst. week. ever. Fortunately this designation is not at all due to to the baby, but rather due to the most evil, heinous, destructive sinus infection in the history of the earth that decided to descend upon me on Tuesday evening.

I said it multiple times last week, but I honestly can't remember being this sick in a very long time. If ever. Add to the sickness the fact that I essentially couldn't take any medications while being pregnant, and you can tell I was in for a really fun time.

The only upside of the whole deal is that I might or might not have consumed my own body weight in ice cream this week (pregnancy body weight, that is...) as its cool temperature was one of the only things that made my throat stop hurting.

Here's the highlights:
Weight gained to date: ?? pounds (but I'm sure it's a lot more due to the ice cream!)
Baby's size: 14 inches and a pound and two-thirds t now :)
Interesting baby fact: He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs.
Baby's heart rate: ??
Overall health: Pregnancy-wise, I think the poor baby was just hanging on as I battled the sinus infection.
Best part of the last week: The word "best" can't really be used in the context of my last week. Probably having my sweet husband come home from his trip to rescue me and buy me more Kleenex, ice cream and sustenance other than macaroni and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment