Friday, September 10, 2010

Dear Graham, Week 6

Dear Graham,
Six whole weeks of your life have gone by and I think you might have changed the most during this past week. Your smiles are becoming more regular and you are so alert...always looking around to see what the world has in store for you. Your mommy and daddy think you're the smartest baby on the block, as you're meeting all of your developmental milestones and then some.



This past week you've also discovered your tongue. You don't quite know what to do with it, but you'll stick it out at us and entertain yourself for some time. You have also become more adept at "tummy time" and can move your head back and forth with that strong neck of yours. We read together each day and mommy already has the words of Goodnight Moon memorized.




Also during the last week you got to meet your Papa and Nana as mommy's dad and MJ came into town. You spent your mornings with them so mommy and daddy could grab a few extra hours of sleep. You also celebrated the arrival of college football with us, although you were so excited that you slept through half of the Florida State game. Don't worry, we still taught you how to do the chop when you were awake.





This wouldn't be a weekly letter without some mention of your sleeping patterns. Dude--we have to work on your nighttime sleep before mommy and daddy go crazy. You take good naps during the day but like to wake up multiple times at night. I'm sure you'll be extremely embarrassed that I'm posting about your pooping patterns on the Internet, but for the last three nights you've woken yourself up because you can't poop in your sleep lying down. Now I may be wrong, but I thought this was the one skill babies were born with. This new pattern had me Googling a phrase I never would have thought of prior to having you: "How to change a baby's poop pattern." Unfortunately my descriptive search term didn't turn up the results I was seeking.

Despite your lack of sleep, I am still amazed by you each waking moment.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. My dearest Leigh - this past post was indeed priceless, since we lived this Labor Day weekend with you. Do not fret my dear, as this is God's loveliest joke upon new parents. Graham will indeed discover his primal patterns and sleep and poop at the appropriate times. You have time and thankfully, FLMA on your side, which your mother and I did not. You are young and most intelligent, and you just gotta go with the flow! You have so much love flowing your way and prays, too, from MJ and me, your mother, Pat, family, and so many friends. Hope you remember all this, and keep posting for your extended family! God Bless! - Papa (dad)

    ReplyDelete