Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chronicling Graham on Facebook

While I use this blog as an outlet to write about Graham, Taylor has been utilizing Facebook to chronicle the every day happenings in our lives since Graham's arrival. Some days his messages are funny, some days they are sweet, but I didn't want for them to get away, which is why I'm capturing them here.

Sept. 3: Well last night we had an accidental epiphany (as new parents often do). So apparently babies, or at least my baby, feels the need to poop at 3am and ensures the whole family is aware of it. So starts the constant grunting and straining around 2am while he works up something special. So we put him in his swing to help him back to sleep and alas....with great force and enthusiasm, he blows out his diaper! It dawns on me laying there at 3:03am....that there exists a direct correlation between gravity, centrifugal force, and productive bowel movements in infants. And now we know! ;)

Aug. 31: Baby thought of the day: Thank God for Skype. Who ever invented it is most definitely a father. A nerdy father, but one none the less ;) On a side note.......I can't sleep in this hotel room. It's too damn quiet. There's no baby boy occasionally crying, grunting, tooting, sneezing, and especially in Graham's case.........hiccuping! Can't wait to get home! ;)

Aug. 30:
Today's baby thought: Even going to fly airplanes isn't enough to make today any easier. On Grahams one-month anniversary, it's time for daddy to go back to work. What an amazing time it's been welcoming him into our lives! I miss him and I haven't even left yet. ;)

Aug. 29:
Baby Thought: My baby boy doesn't care if I had a few beers at my buddies 30th birthday party and want to get some sleep. When he's hungry, it's time for daddy to get his butt out of bed and deliver our little prince to mommy for a 3am snack and diaper change. I wish I could be carried to the fridge in the middle of the night for that midnight snack! ;) (On a side note, he was awesome during our first family outing)

Aug. 26:
Having a baby in the house is one of the funniest things. Little Graham started to wake up at 4am. He then decided to let one rip so loudly that it initiated his little "womb" sounding noise maker which kicks on if jiggled/or if baby cries. I don't know if it was the vibration or the actual noise but regardless, this process soothed him back to sleep. Daddy then laughed so hard he woke himself up for 20 minutes.

Aug. 24:
Baby thought of the day: When your baby boy smiles at you, legitimately for the first time, it absolutely erases any doubt in my mind that I'm thrilled to be a daddy.

Aug. 24:
Baby thought of the day: "Ponder, a landslide winner of preseason Atlantic Coast Conference offensive player of the year honors in sports media voting, is in the thick of the Heisman Trophy conversation, just like Weinke, who won the award in 2000." I know it's not really baby related but I can say that Graham is pumped!! Go Noles!

Aug. 21: Baby thought of the day: Is it weird that my baby boy likes to look me in the eyes when he pee's on me. ;) He is either trying to intimidate me or he has a great sense of humor. ;)

Aug. 20: Thought of the day: A pacifier, when used sparingly, is GOLD! (I know I'm 30 but it helps me sleep ;)

Aug. 19:
So I pretty much spend my day troubleshooting a baby. It's how my brain works. I know he's not an airplane system, but my brain runs constantly between reading books and theorizing with Leigh about the complexities of baby. Today's random thought-"Leigh we don't need sleep, we slept 30 yrs in anticipation of the next 18." Leigh's going to Target to get out of the house for a bit....not sure if she's coming back. ;)

Aug. 18:
I wrote Graham a blank check. I told him to write in ANY amount as long as he goes to sleep and stops crying. He looked me in the eyes and without missing a beat, he proceeded to ball up the check, stick it in the back of his diaper and well........had a productive bowel movement on it. And then he smiled at me.............before continuing to cry while shaking his head in disgust. ;)

Aug. 15:
Wow last night was a rough one. My little man made it very clear who was running the show. We're not gonna miss that last nap time again this time around. Holy little 8lbs. of terror between 9pm and 3am. ;)

Aug. 13:
Graham-bino is settling nicely into a nap/feed/wake routine and daddy is working in the yard again getting the "list" slowly completed. ;)

Aug. 7:
Our little Grahambino slept in until 9am. ;) When he woke he literally said "Good morning world, now change my diaper and hand over the boob, I'm hungry" He runs the show now! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through Taylor's post. I think we've met before but my hubby, Rob and Taylor went to high school together. Anyhow...congrats on baby Graham! I just had to comment b/c the part where Taylor said he couldn't sleep on his first night away is EXACTLY what happened to Rob on his first overnight trip (because of work). I was SOOOO jealous of him since he was going to sleep all night and he called me the next day and said he continued to wake up every three or four hours and couldn't go back to sleep! I admit I was a little pleased! ha!
    Our little guy just turned one and it's been the best year of my life so far. Congrats again to you both!

    ReplyDelete