Friday, August 6, 2010

Dear Graham, Week 1

Dear Graham,
Today you turn one week old! In what was the fastest week of our lives, here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last seven days:








While mommy would love to claim writing letters to you as an original idea, I have to admit that I am borrowing the idea from another blog I follow. I'm certain when you're old enough to read this, a blog to you will be like an Atari, 8-track or typewriter is to me and your daddy, but hey, it's what we have now and one more way to document our journey together.

Over the last week I've learned that you love to be swaddled to sleep. You enjoy your nightly massages with Johnson and Johnson lotion from daddy. You're learning how to nurse better with each day that passes. You like to listen to the CD with Coldplay songs as lullabies. (Or maybe your mom and dad like to listen to the CD.)

I've also learned that you hate to have your diaper changed. Or to be bathed. Or have your clothes changed. Perhaps you're the typical boy as pretty much anything that involves having to be cleaned you don't enjoy.

Over this last week your daddy and I have learned a lot about ourselves too. We've developed a new, instantaneous love that overflows for you. We've learned that not sleeping is hard, but even 4 a.m. isn't bad when you look up at us with your alert eyes. We've learned that it's possible to have our entire worlds turned upside down and not even care. Ultimately, we've learned that you're running this show now and we couldn't be happier about it.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. He's gorgeous! Great job Leigh and Taylor! Enjoy getting to know your cute little bundle!

    ReplyDelete