Monday, March 15, 2010

The 17 Week Recap



Sorry for the delay in posts; one of our "pre-baby tasks" is transforming our office/man room into an office/guest room (just don't tell Taylor...it's still "his" room!). As part of that, we purchased a new wall desk to replace our L-shaped desk and ultimately take up less space. Our main computer was down for the week, so I couldn't access the photos.

Okay, enough explaining...onto week 17!

Weight gained to date: ? pounds (Our scale broke right around the time I became pregnant. Conveneint, right? I've decided not to purchase a new one until post-baby, so I only get weight updates after seeing the doctor.)
Baby's size: About a turnip. This was hard to envision for me, so it was easier to go by the stats: 5 inches and 5 ounces.
Interesting baby fact: Peanut can now move his/her joints.
Baby's heart rate: ? (Again, will need to wait until the next dr. appt.)
Overall health: Week 17 will be remembered as the week Peanut became a pain in the neck hips. As if on cue, as I began week 17, my hips began hurting, especially in the evening when sleeping on my sides because all pregnancy books tell you if you sleep any other way your baby will come out as an alien. Okay, so they are not that extreme, but it's close. The great news is that I tried just about every Internet solution and it seems that a heating pad before bed does the trick. The pain greatly subsided by the end of week 17, so hopefully I can cross that off the list.

Best part of week 17: Feeling the baby move! After thinking a few times during the week prior that I could feel Peanut, this was definitely confirmed during week 17. It's such a strange sensation...at first it was just like a piece of popcorn popping. It is a bit stronger now and I love each time I feel the little movements.

Our ultrasound to determine if the baby is a girl Peanut or a boy Peanut has been postponed to March 25. As excited as I was to potentially know a week earlier, Taylor's schedule didn't cooperate. But, it will be an incredibly memorable 4th wedding anniversary for us!

2 comments:

  1. Yay look at your baby bump! You look beautiful, please hurry up & come home for a visit so I can feel my beautiful baby move in your beautiful belly (: I love you, dont push yourself too hard, rest up & I'll see you soooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bump! Feeling the baby move was always so special to me. Can't wait to help decorate the nursery! Love your mother!

    ReplyDelete