Monday, August 11, 2014

Dear Norah, Month Seven

Dear Norah,
We celebrated Easter during your seventh month and while you couldn’t quite hunt for eggs or enjoy delicious ham at brunch, you did wow all those at church with your adorable Easter dress and Easter bonnet, which you accessorized with a smile on your face. We received compliments about you from total strangers, as if you were displaying all of the joy that Easter has to offer in one little bundle. 





After receiving the green light to start fruits and vegetables with you, we began solid foods much like we did for your brother. Carrots first, then butternut squash, then sweet potatoes, and then peas and green beans before moving on to the fruits. I wasn’t quite sure how you would handle it all, but you took to solids like a champ. In fact, I had the camera ready to go to film your first bite of carrots, but spoiler alert: it’s very anticlimactic. You simply ate them just like you had already eaten carrots a million times before. You enjoyed most foods but weren’t really a fan of peas or green beans.




I’m not sure if it was the solids or if you are just finally getting to the right age, but your sleep improved marginally this month. Instead of being up four or five times, you now only want to see my sleepy face twice a night. And I can’t thank you enough for that change. While I never thought I would be appreciative of a seven month old who wakes twice a night, I know now it could be oh-so-much worse.  



I’ve talked before about what a sweet, happy baby you are, and as you have grown I have noticed that after you flash your largest, most adorable smile, you will often bury your head in my shoulder. It’s as if displaying that amount of emotion is overwhelming to you and your bashfulness takes over for a sweet moment. It is one of my absolute favorite traits about you right now and I love being on the receiving end of your sweet cuddle. 






Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment