Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Bubble Birthday Bash

Graham has loved bubbles since he was just a few months old, so it was an easy choice to celebrate his first birthday with a bubble theme. I may or may not have become a bit obsessed with all things bubble-related in the months leading up to Graham's birthday...but it was so much fun to plan his first birthday party. Here's a few photos of the big day.


  
DIY cupcake tower (Directions from Annie's Eats.)




I found a great etsy shop to work with to order Graham's invites, sticker templates,birthday banner templates and more.

 

To showcase Graham's weekly pictures, I hung ribbon and clipped each one up with a clothespin. It was fun to see how he grew weekly in one spot.




Graham woke up from his nap right before the party and he was a little overwhelmed by everything going on. He eventually woke up enough to enjoy the bubbles and his company.









Taylor and I had bets on if Graham would like his cake. I guessed he wouldn't, just due to the fact that he's sensitive about different textures. Not only did I win the bet, Graham decided to one-up me and even gag on the frosting. We even later tried just giving him some cake without icing and he didn't want that either. His expressions were priceless.









No comments:

Post a Comment