Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Graham, Week 23

Dear Graham,
Hi my sweet baby...you continue to be the happiest, smiliest (no, that's not a word that your 4th grade teacher will one day approve of, but we'll tackle spelling and grammar as you get older), good-tempered baby. I love how much you smile and how those adorable dimples make themselves evident when you show your happiness.



Let me tell you about a few of the things you continued to love over the past week:
  • Your feet! You recently discovered that you can put your foot in your mouth (literally, not figuratively) and you spend much of your free time exercising this right.
  • The outdoors. We've had a somewhat mild winter to date so last week the two of us took several walks after work. You can't get enough of being outside...you just look all around, taking in your surroundings. I talk to you about the sky, the trees, the dogs barking...I pretty much fill you in on everything going on around us. Which, I'm sure looks totally normal to our neighbors.
  • Your baths. When your Grahamma was here she introduced a new game of pouring water out of a cup and you attempt to "grab" it with your hands. You love playing this game and could spend hours in the tub if we let you.
  • Baby Einstein. One of your Christmas presents was several Baby Einstein DVDs. I don't know what the people making these videos were thinking, but let me tell you: you are mesmerized by them.
  • Your daddy. Ever since your daddy came home from his last trip you haven't stop staring at him when he's in the room. You are always watching to see what he's doing and you love interacting with him.
  • Eating. I seriously think you would never stop eating if we gave you unlimited food. You eat all of your rice cereal, your bottles at school and you always are interested in breastfeeding. Maybe you have your daddy's metabolism!


It's been awhile since I mentioned your nicknames and I just wanted to let you know that we haven't fallen down on the "let's see how embarrassing of a nickname we can create" front. These days mommy is calling you "knuck knuck," which is short for "knucklehead, knucklehead," which is your daddy's nickname for you. You also go by G Man 3000 (a take off of Outkast's Andre 3000....don't ask), Little Man, and sweet baby, which is my favorite one of all.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment