Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The 29 Week Recap

Wow, as I'm reminded nearly daily now by my impending birthday, 29 is almost 30 and 30 weeks means I'm officially three-quarters of the way done with this pregnancy. I don't know how comfortable I am with the thought that I can now count my remaining weeks on two hands.

Memorial Day fell during the 29th week of the pregnancy and having a three-day weekend couldn't have come at a better time. It was wonderful to sleep in, walk each day, cook great food and just enjoy being at home. Which was a great way to prepare for June, when we're gone three out of the four weekends.

Also during Memorial Day weekend we set up the "travel system" (thanks to grandma!), which includes the car seat and stroller. Without the baby here yet to practice, we used the best substitute we could find: a stuffed bear. :)





Weight gained to date:
?? pounds
Baby's size: He is now 2 1/2 pounds and is just over 15 inches long.
Interesting baby fact: This week his head is continuing to grow as his brain develops.
Baby's heart rate: ??
Overall health: While I am still fortunate to not yet have swollen feet, my only complaint is a strange sensation above my ribs that feels like a sunburn on my skin. I can't see anything and I think it may just be my skin stretching, as I'm continuing to carry him high.
Best part of the last week: FLOATING! I discovered the wonderful, amazing pastime of just floating in a pool over Memorial Day weekend and I drug Taylor along with me for daily pool visits. Not having any weight on my body is such a nice break!

No comments:

Post a Comment